Todd was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He graduated from Roosevelt High School in 1970, Hamline University in 1975 and William Mitchell College of Law in 1980. He is admitted to practice law in Minnesota (1980), United States District Court, District of Minnesota (1981) and US Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit (2002). He is a member of the Minnesota State Bar Association Family Law Section and Hennepin County Bar Association.
Todd is a former minority owner, director and legal counsel of Superior Financial Holding Corporation, a Federally Chartered Holding Co. that owned The Lake Bank, a National Banking Association located in Two Harbors, Minnesota.
Todd’s wife, Terri, is a nurse at Presbyterian Homes in Bloomington, MN, his son, Douglas, recently graduated from college at DePaul University in Chicago, IL and his daughter, Rebecca, is attending Hamline University in St. Paul, MN. He coached girls fast pitch softball for 7 years in Orono, MN. His current interests include boating, fishing, golfing, snowboarding and travel. He is a past tournament water skier.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Family Law
- 35% Commercial Litigation/Real Estate/Short Sales
- 15% Estate Planning
- Minnesota, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2002
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Hamline University, St Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. Major: Sociology with High Honors
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 1990 - Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member, 1990 - Present
- Taylor v. Taylor 329 NW2d 795 (Minn. Sup. Ct. 1983);
- Alvord v. Alvord 365 NW2d 360 (Minn. Ct. App. 1985);
- Sand v. Sand 379 NW2d 119 (Minn. Ct. App. 1985);
- Ranik v. Ranik 383 NW2d 431 (Minn. Ct. App)